The GT8-Max, the drill rig that packs
The geotechnical drill rig with a compact and sturdy design to harness the power of a drilling rig in a multipurpose drill. With the GT8-Max, GTechDrill caters to your specific requirements and applications.LEARN MORE
Give your drillers something to torque about
THE GT8-MAX - THE ALL-IN-ONE DRILLING SOLUTION YOU NEED
The GT8-MAX is made with simple, reliable parts, so maintenance stays affordable and you can keep drilling in every condition. We simplify your work while making sure your geotechnical drill gets the job done, whatever the surface. With a telescoping crown block that allows the operator to pull up to 24-foot lengths of drill rod, and loaded with driller-friendly features that make this a powerful machine, this drill is truly in a class of its own!
- Feed stroke – 11 ft.
- Autohammer – 140 lb.
- Telescoping Crown block
- Truck engine controls
- Water flow controls
- Controls grouped by function
- Side-to-side location indicator
- Watertight toolboxes
- Water tank with rod storage
- Plus many more special features, including user-requested features like spare hydraulic outlets, magnetic lights, folding rod forks, extra tool boxes, and more!
GtechDrill’s renowned torque and power, all rolled into a sturdy unit
- Best-in-class torque – Max. speed comb
- 44,000 lbs. of thrust and pull
- Drill head that produces 12,500 ft⋅lbf of torque in low gear
- Over 950 RPM in high gear
OUR TRUCK-MOUNTED VERSION OFFERS TWO OPTIONS:
- The most popular option is the PTO. The hydraulic system is hooked up to the truck’s transmission and a unit known as a PTO (power takeover), making the unit lighter and quieter. This option also means that there’s only one engine to manage.
- Others prefer a deck engine, meaning there is one engine for the drill and one for the truck.