The GT8, the power and durability you need in the field.
GtechDrill redefines geotechnical work with the GT8, a superior drill that’s only possible thanks to our solid geotechnical expertise. It’s the workhorse you want and need to get the job done.LEARN MORE
Give your drillers something to torque about
GTECHDRILL’S GT8, THE NEW INDUSTRY BENCHMARK IN GEOTECHNICAL DRILLING
The GT8 drill is the result of our uncompromising drilling standards. It features RPM and torque precision that save you time and money thanks to its hydraulic system, inspired by the design of mineral exploration drill rigs. What’s more, the unit can be mounted on tracks, a truck or even a skid. Every detail can be customized and adjusted to suit our clients’ needs. When it comes to performance, GTechDrill brings you nothing but the best.
- Hydraulically operated SPT automatic hammer (140 lb./64 kg)
- Up to 4 cables of your choice can be installed on the drill
- Hydraulically powered hoist
- FMC and/or Moyno water pump
- And so much more!
Bring pure performance, torque and power to your projects
- Best in class: From 9,303 ft*lbf of torque at low speed to a top RPM of 965
- Multipurpose: From auger to coring to mud rotary drilling, this is the most efficient multipurpose geotechnical drill
- First-class hydraulic system for highly precise movement
- Real diamond drilling head for maximum power and precision
- Performs drilling campaigns in very challenging environments
Our truck-mounted version offers two options:
- The most popular option is the PTO. The drill’s hydraulic system hooks up to the truck’s transmission and a unit known as a PTO (power takeover), making the drill lighter and quieter. This option also means that there’s only one engine to manage.
- Others prefer a deck engine, meaning there is one engine for the drill and one for the truck.